Monday, March 07, 2005

Vision of Escaflowne

Watch The Vision of Escaflowne on ANIMAX every Wenesday at 10-11 pm. I dont know if there will be reruns the next day, Thursday, but I did watch the reruns yesterday.

It's one of those animes that I consider waaaay ahead of its time. As in way ahead as Arjuna today with other animes. It was first shown in the 90s but unfortunately I'm one of the unfortunate ones who didnt see it then. But I'm really glad that I'm watching it now!!!

The noticeable difference of The Vision of Escaflowne with the other magical/living giant robot/action/love stories is that they actually showed how the magical/living(?) giant robot functions in sync with the operartor/pilot, unlike in other shows like Gundam, where the male pilots are seated, and Magic Knight Rayearth, where the ladies are standing.

But it reminds me of Magic Knight Rayearth more than anything. With all the another-world plot and stuffs plus the perfect anime face (with some exceptions) and physique of the protagonists & antagonists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home