Wednesday, October 06, 2004

This must be my (most) unlucky day.

At home.
I woke up at six yesterday morning to review for my Spanish Final Exam.
The morning went well exept for some minor problems that were solved anyway.
Then as I was almost done preparing my self to go to school, a letter came.
It contained messages that made me so out of my good mood, I was trembling in anger.

In school.
I took the test that wasn't as hard as the Prelims. (But I sure hope that this confidence of mine wont fade even after the clearance day on the 20th.)
After the test, me and my groupmates went to SM North to have our lunch before we go to Maria Cassanova's house in Tandang Sora.

In QC.
We left SM and took two jeepney rides.
On the first jeep I sat in the front, beside the driver.
We got off the vehicle then took another ride.
Then one tire flattened.
The driver got off, removed the flattened tire, and went away with the reserved one to fill it with air. Then the man seated beside me got off the jeep, and so did another one, and rode a passing jeep.
The driver came back with the inflated tire. As he was putting it in place, Maria Cassanova, already impatient like the rest of us, went down and asked the driver if the whole thing will take much longer.
At that moment I reached in for my right front pocket where I always place my cellphone.
I wasnt there.
I looked in my bag, although I know that it's impossible for the cellphone to be in it.
I faced Carmela, seated at my left, and calmly told her, "Carmela wala ang cellphone ko."
They tried to contact whoever might have my cellphone but to no avail. It just kept on ringing but nobody answered.
I dont know what to do and I dont know how to react at that moment. But what I know is that things might have gone ugly if I were alone and my groupmates weren't there supporting me.

At KC house.
We arrived at KC's house and started making the project.
Through the chain of events I ended up starting doing my part at 8:30 pm. I wasn't finished yet when I cut short my work due to time and transportation constrictions. PUVs going out of the village gets rarer past 9pm.
True enough it took me, with the company of KC and Carlo, some time waiting before the right jeep came along to take me out of the village. I left at around 9pm.

At home.
I arrived safe and sound at 11pm.



Post a Comment

<< Home