Sunday, December 27, 2009

First Two Manila Film Festival 2009 Movies Watched

*some spoilers alert!*

Mano Po:

The movie was, for me, ok. It was fine. One line stood out and struck me because it's something I told myself years back. :)

(Guys, sa dvd niyo nalang siguro panoorin pag lumabas na sa video city. :) ) If a Sharonian happens to read this: sana dumami pa kayo sa sinehan kasi ang onti ng nanuod. :p

Para akong nanood ng movie na madaming artistang nilagay basta mailagay lang din.

All in all, the movie wasn't too bad.

Panday:

Think LOTR, the Joker of the Dark Knight, Okay ka Fairy ko the movie, and Conan the Barbarian (the animated series' last two episodes) all rolled into one. Only the movie could have been much better.

The trailer made me hope for better things like grander fight scenes atleast.

My friend did comment about the villages about how they looked almost realistic. As for how Rhian Ramos became a sword carrying sidekick in 24 hrs without proper training, as shown in the movie, me and my friend can't quite grasp how it would have been possible for a village girl to evolve into such.

Minor characters died just to show how unforgiving a vilain could be. And the end part... G*d forbid a part 2 if it cant meet people's expectations. But who am I to represent "people's" expectations anyway.

A few minutes into the movie, just when the protagonist was reminiscing how his village was attacked and his parents were killed, a very bright light was coming from the back and is being directed at the screen before us. Annoyed, we searched for the source and saw that the light was from a camera and beside of it was Ramon "Bong" Revilla, waving and beaming at the audience.

Now where is respect there. I know this is a movie where you, the actor, is the bida. But we are the audience watching it. And at that time the film had to be stopped just so you can show your appreciation for us watching the movie. That should have been done during the trailers before or after the movie.

That's the very reason why me and another friend tore our premier tickets to bits, with much gusto, relief and pleasure, after waiting for more than one hour and fifteen minutes past the supposed start of Shake Rattle and Roll because the other main sta... characters still havent arrived the venue and we were not being allowed to enter unless they arrive. (mga paimportaneng leche)
I can still remember what I told my friend then, "I never knew doing this would be such a relief!"

A few minutes before the supposed start of the film, there was a man who approached us and asked if we want to sell our tickets. I then, jokingly of course, told my friend more than an hour later that had we offered the tickets for 500 pesos each, we would have made a profit from the free tickets and had given one possible movie pirate a chance to record the movie.

***
I dont plan on watching Wapakman bec Ms Ranillo is there. Hmm... How about the Comedy King's movie... nah. hmm... Gabi's come back movie... what other MMFF movies to watch... any art film worth watching?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home