Monday, December 07, 2009

A visit of places I used to frequent in old Manila

I was on my 4th day of a week long vacation with nothing to do and almost out of my wits. Malls and the usual hangouts are just nearby but unappealing... what can I possibly do in day when I have no one to go out with and it's last working day of the week...

Well... why not ride the a boat and go to Manila!

But first, let's visit the nearby town of Pateros.

The ever so busy road and the church tower under renovation:



































Back to Makati in Guadalupe where the boat going to Quiapo, Manila is docked



































































(isa po ito sa mga mukha ng Makati nga pala)


And off we go to Manila!

I think I rode the ferry via the Pasig river only twice when I was a kid and I was with my Mom. The boats weren't air conditioned then.








When I knew we were at the Palace of Malacañan area, where taking pictures is not allowed for security reasons, I just took a picture of this life vest. (taking a pic of the palace was too tempting but even when one of the ferry's crew walked away and I had my chance, I still didnt take a pic. :D )



Welcome to the city of Manila!

Quiapo church and Plaza Miranda:








Home of my Mom's favorite siopao, Ma Mon Luk:










And back to my alma mater. :)



The square that used to be Tinoco Park:


ice cream anyone?






my favorite tree in the campus:


within the Central Seminary

The brighter and now more park-like Lover's Lane

How I miss the campus as a student

I was planning on going to Binondo and Intramuros but found myself done for the day and went home already planning for my next visit to another part of the old city.

Cheers!

Love life.

6 Comments:

Blogger wanderingcommuter said...

huwah... kainggit... gusto ko din sumakay sa ferry boat ng pasig.. miss my food trips sa binondo...

1:20 PM, December 09, 2009  
Blogger Herbs D. said...

would really love to come with you with your trips. never knew UST looks that good. i love its facade.

though me and my friends are planning to go to USTE this paskuhan :)

im quite sure you had fun with the trip, i know I did :)

2:44 PM, December 16, 2009  
Blogger Brent a.k.a. yourkidatheart said...

@wanderingcommuter: I wish I had enough time that day to go to Binondo, Divisoria and Intramuros. Sayang nga e.

@Herbs: I sure did. :) I might be there for Paskuhan with my batchmates.

10:17 AM, December 17, 2009  
Blogger Chyng said...

Oohh cool! How much fare sa ferry? and ano ang route? Kakahiya, almost everyday ko yan dinadaanan but never ko pa naexperience.

And agree with Ewik, foodtripping at Binondo! Wee! Ü

3:59 AM, December 19, 2009  
Blogger Brent a.k.a. yourkidatheart said...

@Chyng: Mura lang! 35 from Guadalupe to Quiapo? Yata... Basta mura lang. :)

2:50 PM, December 19, 2009  
Blogger Herbs D. said...

too bad i didnt see ya T^T
Paskuhan was fucking lame. I didnt even get to use my awesome glowsticks for my rave-ing! damnit

j ckldsabtkahxioue *thats me having seizure*

4:34 PM, December 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home