Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy 111th Birthday our Republic of the Philippines!!!

What better way to start blogging again than to begin with our 111th anniversary of Celebration of the Declaration of Independence!

It is because we are a free country that we are able to do this:

This is one of the pictures I took during the anti-constitutional assembly rally held outside our office last Tuesday.

It is also because we are free that I can blog my brains out without fear of censorship or curtailment of my basic human right to self expression like they do in one of our neighbors, the Peoples Republic of China.

That and a whole lot more other rights that most of us take for granted, like the right to vote, just to state one example.

Sadly though, we also tend to abuse these rights that we have. Need to mention more about the "Hayden film festival?" Nah. How sad that we don't put our privileges to good use, instead of focusing too much on the gross showbiz side, we didn't do much about recognizing our very own who won best director in the 2009 Cannes Film fest, Brillante 'Dante' Mendoza, for his work, Kinatay.

How I wish I can say more right now about how I think or feel about how we use, omit, misuse, or abuse our rights as free Filipinos but I still need to go to work. Yeah, work on one of our most important national holidays. Tragic.

On a more personal note, today also marks my 3rd year of officially being part of the Filipino working class. It had been in June 12, 2006 that I ended my 2-month bumhood and started working. Whoa...

Live life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home