Thursday, July 15, 2010

Be Thankful

I remember my cousin telling me, years ago when I was a teenager, that I should be thankful for having birthdays instead of seeing it as another year of getting older.

She's right. Instead of complaining about another year that had passed or being one year older, I'm thankful for another year of being alive, another year of being with my loved ones, another year full of experience and learning and teaching and living and nurturing the life that I have.

Thank You, Lord.

***

Uncle Pop, wherever you are now, memories of you would be with us forever.

***

May the loved ones left by those who died due to Basyang be consoled for their loss. I pray that our country may have better equipments to better "predict" the path that typhoons will take and their strength to avoid more casualties. May we be more proactive than reactive during the typhoon season. May the P600 million left be enough for the rest of the year, and it it's not, may they be other sources of funds to alleviate possible impacts of future disasters.

***

Cinemalaya is still ongoing. I hope I can still catch the films I planned on watching!
Mabuhay ang pelikulang Pilipino!

It's nice to know that classic Filipino films were shown in Brazil recently. :)

***

I hope that the wedding in December goes smoothly. Same goes for the trip to bora in November. Amen. :)

Bigla kong namiss ang Ifugao...


***

The culture of killing is still making itself prevalent in some parts of the country. Let's not forget what happened. Let's not be calloused by the constant news of these unacceptable acts of violence.

***

Dear blog, I feel like you had been neglected... I haven't given you much attention lately and it had been ongoing for quite a while now. But I hope you understand that during all these times when I did my best to distance my self from you, along with you brothers facebook and the like, I was able to contemplate more, FEEL more alive, and LIVE more. You are important, had always been, and I will keep you while I can still type (or until such time you are prompted by voice command or thought) and the world wide web is existing. You are remembered every time I get that impulse to document every event in my life, like that time when I learned that two of my closest friends are talking again. Those two friends of mine, with the friendship that, indirectly, blogging almost ruined. :) You see, blogs are more to people now than the web logs that they used to be when I was in High School. Blogs like you may have more untapped potential. May you be used for good as more of those potentials are discovered. :)

***

I'm craving for white sauce, oil and garlic shrimp pasta from Napoli's Timog!!! *Drools

***

Live. Love Life. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger citybuoy said...

happy belated birthday!

12:59 AM, July 20, 2010  
Blogger Brent a.k.a. yourkidatheart said...

Thank you. :)

6:58 AM, July 20, 2010  
Blogger Clayman said...

belated happy birthday!!! :) hope it was a blast! :)

7:48 AM, July 20, 2010  
Blogger Brent a.k.a. yourkidatheart said...

Thank you! It turned out to be a lot better than I expected. :)

8:02 AM, July 20, 2010  
Blogger Mary Ann Ramos said...

jammie!!

5:01 PM, August 06, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home